Education, Professional Development & Affiliations
- Concordia University- Initial Administrative License, Completion Date 6/2018
- Capella University – Doctoral Candidate, Completion Date 3/ 2018 EDD Doctorate of Education in Performance Improvement and Leadership
- Post Masters Certificate of Leadership and Accountability
- Southern Oregon University – Environmental Education SOREEL Institute
- Pacific University – Advanced Placement Biology, Advanced Placement Environmental Science
- Portland State University – M.Ed. in Secondary Science Education
- Eastern Washington University – BS in Biology with Focus on Anatomy & Physiology, Minor in French and Anthropology
Educational Administration ￨ Team Building ￨ Teacher Education Programs ￨ Staff Development ￨ Online Writing / Instruction
STEM ￨ Curriculum Development ￨ Career Education ￨ Multi-Level Class Instruction ￨ Strategic Analysis ￨ Workshop Coordination
Brain-Considerate Classroom ￨ Committee Leadership / Support ￨ Grant Writing / Administration ￨ Budget Management ￨ Marketing
Program Coordination ￨ Educational Consulting ￨ Student Assessment ￨ Website Design / Development ￨ Technology Coordination
- Dynamic Ed.D. Candidate who is committed to synergistically leading people and organizations to improve education and learning for everyone, promote sustainable scholastic growth, and drive innovative curriculum design, and who exhibits proven professional interests in Performance Improvement & Leadership and Educational Consulting.
- Visionary Professional who rises above challenges to attain winning scholastic outcomes, and who is experienced with “Brain-Considerate Classroom,” Inquiry and STEM Projects, Differentiated Instruction, and Interpretive Programs, as well as Small Business Ownership, Professional Development Industrial Training, and Leadership Communication.
- Excellent Communicator who builds mutually beneficial relationships with students of various academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds, and who seamlessly interfaces among key administrators, peers, and leadership teams.
- Ambitious Self-Starter who is currently working on 2 books – the first about improving teacher training in universities and a second tentatively titled, A Practical Guide and Lesson Plans for a Brain-Considerate Classroom
Professional Teaching License – PK-12 ￨ Highly Qualified Biology ￨ General Science ￨ STEM State of Oregon
Active Member – WESO ￨ NAACLS ￨ AAWCC ￨ ASCP ￨ NAPW ￨ NEA ￨ NSTA ￨ ISPI ￨ ATD
- Workshop Presenter for Southern Oregon State University’s Holistic Teaching and Learning Conference.
- Exhibited skill in presenting “Brain-Considerate Classroom” professional development for multi-level top instructors.
- Led efforts for all students in Health Professions Education program at Rogue Community College to be hired prior to finishing training, and collaborated with CPL Oregon State Workgroup to develop students’ Credit for Prior Learning.
- Worked with 70+ clinics and hospitals in Medford and Grants Pass to create cooperative clinical work experiences.
- Selected from Rogue Community College staff to participate in Oregon Institute of Leadership Development training.
- Served on several committees at RCC (e. curriculum and academic standards, coordinator and director team, AAWCC).
- Created and presented education and interpretive skills workshop for Medical Assistant Skill-Up Class to certify MAs.
- Demonstrated experience in advisory committees, program coordination and development, and curriculum writing for Medical Assisting, Clinical Laboratory Assisting, and Phlebotomy programs with 30+ members per committee.
- Created innovative websites, print marketing, and course descriptions for all types of information venues for RCC.
- Adopted for state accreditation of traditional, digital, and open educational materials for college and K-12 materials.
- Collaborated with the college’s Math Chair to develop new MTH 63 and MTH 96 curriculum and training initiatives.
- Drove efforts to generate $10,000+ worth of donations to RCC programs from diverse hospitals and medical clinics.
- Established a comprehensive University of Washington Science Symposium as a Teacher with Federal Way Public Schools, along with creating a student support team and working with the Tacoma Crime Lab for a Forensics course.
Science Teacher- Eagle Point High School
- Teach using brain based learning and student centered lessons in Biology and Earth Science.
Center for Time to Teach ￨ Center for Teacher Effectiveness Certified Trainer
- Provide workshops in differentiated instruction and classroom management
- Capitalize on the opportunity to lead forward-thinking direct instruction, including serving as Breakout Trainer Writer tasked with writing new educational books and materials for breakout sessions to drive instructional results.
K-12 Substitute Teacher,Southern Oregon ESD ￨ Medford Public Schools, Medford, OR
- Plan and present dynamic multi-level, multi-subject instruction by employing effective teaching methodologies designed to facilitate engaging and challenging lesson plans and attain key increases in student performance on testing.
- Exhibit experience in using diverse instructional practices reflecting the needs of different learning styles, including assisting with Special Education and Title 1 instruction, as well as substituting at the New Bridge School for inmates.
- Demonstrate skill in presenting “Brain-Considerate Classroom” professional development for middle school teachers.
CEO ￨ Trainer Brainstorm Consulting, LLC, Gold Hill, OR
- Lead targeted instruction of workshops and professional development for all subjects and grades nationwide, including differentiated classroom, curiosity, play, inquiry, student-led lessons, peer teaching, and hands-on learning.
- Deliver professional development, evaluations, assessments, and curriculum for “Brain-Considerate Classrooms” for educators, and increase student learning in environmental, project-based, place, and problem-based learning and STEM.
K-12 Teacher ￨ Head – Science Department ￨ Online Instructor Rivers Edge Academy Charter School, Rogue River, OR
- Played a vital role in serving as Department Head and Online Instructor for 4 Science courses, including actively using school improvement strategies with multiple subjects and K-12 for curriculum development and core teacher training.
- Served as a resourceful instructor for school’s on-site Science course, as well as popular Career Development course.
Coordinator – Health Professions Education Rogue Community College, White City, OR
- Utilized broad scope of industry knowledge to create full MA, CLA, and phlebotomy programs within 2 years, including writing curriculum, ordering supplies, scheduling courses, choosing textbooks, and collaborating on key committees.
- Recruited, hired, trained, mentored, and managed a team of 15 (i.e. 13 faculty, 2 student workers), as well as creating 3 dynamic advisory committees with 50 members each with cold calls to Rogue Valley healthcare clinics.
- Promoted national- and state-accredited MA, CLA, and Phlebotomy programs for a TAACCT grant for RCC, and further served as STEM Instructor for high school students’ RCC Phlebotomy training and Allied Health information sessions.
- Contributed concurrent talents as a Counselor and Advisor for program participants, including assisting 500+ students.
- Conceptualized, developed, and managed websites, newsletters, and mass communication for college-level handbook.
- Led all facets of budgeting, grant writing, marketing, data analysis, and database development and maintenance efforts.
Project Coordinator – Southwest Washington,Washington State University – MESA (Math, Engineering & Science Achievement), Vancouver, WA
- Optimized MESA-based project efforts for a Southwest Washington area by coordinating middle and high school science competition days with 50+ parent and teacher volunteers and 500+ students, including comprehensively developing, designing, and writing STEM curriculum for science competitions and middle school club programs.
- Coordinated efforts with middle school science teachers to incorporate STEM, lab, and hands-on learning into daily lessons, and worked with middle school students for Evergreen School District during key Robotics Competitions.
Multi-Subject Tutor ￨ AP Science Tutor,Jonathan Education Center, Beaverton, OR
- Directed test preparation and tutoring initiatives for students in A.P. Biology in small classes and individual students for test preparation, including tutoring for 9th Grade Science, A.P. Biology, A.P. Environmental, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Collaborated with teachers to lead tutoring / instruction for students in English, Math, History, Algebra, and SAT Prep.
5th Grade Teacher ￨Science Chair ￨ Faculty Coach ￨ Professional Development Instructor ￨ K-5 Curriculum Development,KNOVA Learning Public Charter School – Reynolds School District, Portland, OR
- Spearheaded solutions-focused educational grant writing for supplies and training of staff, including serving as a professional development trainer for staff for 4 hours weekly, as well as writing Science curriculum for Grades K-5.
Teacher –Heritage High School,Evergreen Public Schools, Vancouver, WA
- Taught 9th Grade Biology, A.P. Biology, Environmental Science, Forensics, Agriculture, Chemistry, A.P. Anatomy & Physiology, Math, Speech & Debate, and Advisory Job & Careers, including writing district-wide curriculum for subjects such as Biology, Chemistry, Freshman Science, and Physics – each with daily lesson plans with student labs. Taught Skills Center Teachers how to create lab rubrics for students.
Teacher – Todd Beamer High School,Federal Way Public Schools , WA
- Directed 9th Grade student orientation while teaching 9th Grade Science, Biology, A.P. Biology, Environmental Science, Forensics, Agriculture, Chemistry, A.P. Anatomy & Physiology, Math, Speech & Debate, and Advisory Job & Careers.
Teacher – Bellevue High School,Bellevue Public Schools, Bellevue, WA
- Demonstrated proven experience in Biology course instruction, along with directing Science labs for A.P. Institute as Lab Coordinator, as well as writing district curriculum for Biology, Chemistry, Freshman Science, and Physics classes.
Additional Professional Experience
Hemodialysis Technician ￨ Lab Tech Phlebotomist Portland Veterans Hospital, Portland, OR 1997 – 2002
- Led wastewater management, trained new technicians, and counseled families on death and dying family members.
Lead Chemist ￨ Manager Johnson Matthey Electronics, Spokane, WA 1995 – 1997
- Drove quality assurance, product development, and new lab set-up by coordinating a million-dollar anodizing chemical bath line and lab while training new staff on quality-centric efforts and creating the company’s first internship program.
Lab Technician Bayer Pharmaceuticals, Spokane, WA 1994 – 1995
- Contributed sharp analytical abilities toward processing allergen materials for allergy shots and allergy kits.